Volunteer To Be A Class Liaison
Two liaisons are assigned to each class: a primary and a back-up liaison. Any student in the class may volunteer to act as a liaison. The duties are simple, and it is a great way to support your teachers and senior college.
- Attendance: Notify the office if a student does not show up for class or discontinues attending class.
- Class Lists: On the first day of class, ask students to confirm that their contact information is correct.
- Distribute class materials: Provide materials to students as requested by the instructor.
- Distribute and collect name “tent” cards: Tent cards are kept in the instructor’s mailbox. The liaison will make them available for students at the start of the class and return them to the mailbox after each class.
- Announcements: Announcements are distributed/announced by the liaison on the first day of class.
- Wheeler Thompson Founders’ Award: Each spring we ask students to nominate an individual for this award. The liaison will distribute this form.
- Bill Brown Excellence in Teaching Award: Each semester we ask students to nominate an individual for this award. We will place an envelope in the instructor’s mailbox with ballots for liaisons to distribute.
- Course evaluation forms: At the end of the semester we ask students to complete a course evaluation form. The liaison will distribute and collect this form.
If you are interested in being a class liaison, please send an email to: email@example.com or call 207-725-4900.
We look forward to hearing from you!