Midcoast Senior College
Summer Excursion 2019
SUMMER EXCURSION IS FULL
PLEASE CALL 725-4900 IF YOU WISH TO BE PLACED ON A WAITLIST
All aboard! Join us for a chartered 3-hour cruise aboard Maine Maritime Museum’s 50-passenger Merrymeeting as it circumnavigates Arrowsic and Georgetown, heading down the Kennebec then back up the Sasanoa to Bath. MSC faculty member Bud Warren, as well as a museum guide, will give the history of six different lighthouses and other notable sights on the route.
What: 3-hour narrated lighthouse cruise, hors d’oeuvres, one drink voucher
When: Friday, August 16 from 3:30-6:30 p.m. (arrive at 3:15 p.m.)
Where: Maine Maritime Museum, 243 Washington St, Bath
Cost: Fee is $40 per person
Register: Registration opens July 1.Visit midcoastseniorcollege.org or call 725-4900
- Registration is open to members and non-members of any age on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You may not bring drinks on board, however, water, soda, beer, wine, and snacks are available for purchase on the boat. A voucher for one drink of your choice is included in the fee.
- Hors d’oeuvres will be provided; you may also bring food. (Note: Coolers are not permitted on board.)
- Seating is available inside and on the outer decks. The Merrymeeting has two heads (restrooms).
- The boat sails at 3:30 p.m. Check-in with the MSC volunteer at the ticket desk in the museum to pick up your boat ticket by 3:15 p.m. or earlier if you need a ride in a golf cart down the hill to the boat. A golf cart will also be available to bring passengers back up the hill.
- Since this is a charter, it will not be possible to provide refunds for personal cancellations. In the event of inclement weather, the museum might cancel the cruise and reimburse all passengers.
- Suggestions of what to bring:
- Sun screen
- A hat that won’t blow off
- Light jacket or windbreaker
- Appropriate footwear