Becoming a member of Midcoast Senior College is easy. You must be 50 years of age or older to become a member. Your spouse or partner may also become a member and register regardless of age. There is no admission procedure. The academic year $35 membership fee can be paid at any time, although most members pay it when they register for courses in the fall or spring terms . You can be a year member without taking a course but MUST be registered for membership when you register for one or more courses. (see the current term’s course offerings here.)
You do have to be a member to take Senior College courses, but you do not have to be a member to attend the public programs: the Winter or Summer Wisdom lecture series, the DaPonte String Quartet performance, and the Current Events Forum — are open to the general public, free of charge.
Membership has many advantages:
• attendance in classes of your choice (some courses have limited enrollment)
• enroll in courses at any Senior College in Maine.
• mailed copies of our newsletter, The Midcoast Inquirer, that is published three or four times each year.
• social interaction with other students
• participation at the annual Spring Luncheon and Business Meeting
• advance notice of special events
• opportunities for volunteering: e.g., serving on a Committee and/or on the Board of Directors, assisting with program administration, and more